Tuesday, May 01, 2007

#57

"Scotland The Brave, Highland Laddie"
Kings Own Scottish Borderers
Tartan Top 20 Pipes And Drums

Nmber of listens: ||
Stars (out of 5): 4



I love me some bagpipes! I'm not exactly sure how to review a song that is all bagpipes, but basically, when looking for a good bagpipes song, I would recommend one that isn't too long. This one, clocking in at about 2 minutes is perfect. Bagpipes tend to sound the same after awhile so it's best to just get the melody in, play it, play the 'chorus' and get out of there. And now, after having seen live bagpipes and drum groups, I can picture them all marching around. FUN!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Will Hunter said...

Bagpipes are hard to review, to be fair. Personally, every time I hear bagpipes, I get a tingle all over. Maybe that's a sign of being Scottish. I'm learning to play....very slowly with a chanter. But you cannae beat the skirl of the pipes can you?

Friday, June 29, 2007 8:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home